IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Bartlett, Alfred Durling, 1817-1887, An historical and descriptive account of Cumnor Place, Berks , 1850
An historical and descriptive account of Cumnor Place, Berks : with biographical notices of the Lady Amy Dudley and of Anthony Forster, esq. sometime M.P. for Abingdon : followed by some remarks on the statements in Sir Walter Scott's Kenilworth; and a brief history of the parish of Cumnor and its antiquities / by Alfred Durling Bartlett, of Abingdon.
- Additional Title(s):
Half-title: Cumnor Place, Berks, with biographical notices of the Lady Amy Dudley and of Anthony Forster, Esq
- Oxford ; and London : John Henry Parker, 1850.
Oxford : Baxter, printer, 
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 147 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA664.C39 B37 1850Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "West side of the quadrangle of Cumnor Place" engraved on wood by John Smith Heaviside.
Holmes, M. Country house described, p. 83
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary green cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Baxter -- Printer.Cumnor (England) -- History.Cumnor Hall -- History.Dudley, Amy Robsart, Lady, 1532-1560.Forster, Anthony, 1510?-1572.Parker, John Henry -- Publisher.Scott, Walter, 1771-1832. Kenilworth.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.