Chromatics, or, An essay on the analogy and harmony of colours.
- Additional Title(s):
Essay on the analogy and harmony of colours
Field's Harmony of colours
Harmony of colours
- London : Printed for the author by A.J. Valpy, Tooke's Court, Chancery Lane, and sold by Mr. Newman, Soho Square, 1817.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 57,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQC495.8 .F54 1817+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title: Field's Harmony of colours.
Draws a direct analogy between music and colour. Cf. Bicknell.
By George Field. Cf. NUC Pre-1956, v. 171, p. 572.
Later edition published in 1845.
Engraved vignette on t.p.
Bicknell, P. Gilpin to Ruskin. London : Christies, 1987, p. 92
Publisher's advertisements,  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind and gilt-stamped maroon cloth publisher's binding.
- Subject Terms:
- Color -- Charts, diagrams, etc.Color -- Study and teaching.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1817.Valpy, Abraham John, 1787-1854, printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Field, George, 1777?-1854, Chromatics, or, An essay on the analogy and harmony of colours, 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.