Autobiography, letters and literary remains of Mrs. Piozzi (Thrale) / edited with notes and an introductory account of her life and writings by A. Hayward.
- London : Longman, Green, Longman, and Roberts, 1861.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : portrait ; 20 cm
- Reference LibraryPR3619 P5 A8 1861 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Articles & Chapters
- Publisher's advertisement on endpaper and catalogue of new works at end of v.2.
- Subject Terms:
- Authors, English -- 18th century -- Biography.Hilles, Frederick Whiley, 1900- -- Provenance (BAC,REF)Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784.Lewis, W. S. (Wilmarth Sheldon), 1895-1979 -- Ms. notes.Piozzi, Hester Lynch, 1741-1821.
- v. 1. Introduction: Life and writings of Mrs. Piozzi. Autobiographical memoirs. Notes on "Letters to and from Dr. Johnson". Notes on Wraxall's "Historical memoirs of my own time".--v. 2. Miscellanies, or original compositions in prose and verse. Letters. Extracts from "Thraliana". Extracts from "British synonymy".