Autobiography, letters and literary remains of Mrs. Piozzi (Thrale) / edited with notes and an introductory account of her life and writings by A. Hayward.
- London : Longman, Green, Longman, and Roberts, 1861.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : portrait ; 20 cm
- Reference LibraryPR3619 P5 A8 1861 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Articles & Chapters
- Publisher's advertisement on endpaper and catalogue of new works at end of v.2.
- Subject Terms:
- Authors, English -- 18th century -- Biography.Hilles, Frederick Whiley, 1900- -- Provenance (BAC,REF)Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784.Lewis, W. S. (Wilmarth Sheldon), 1895-1979 -- Ms. notes.Piozzi, Hester Lynch, 1741-1821.
- v. 1. Introduction: Life and writings of Mrs. Piozzi. Autobiographical memoirs. Notes on "Letters to and from Dr. Johnson". Notes on Wraxall's "Historical memoirs of my own time".--v. 2. Miscellanies, or original compositions in prose and verse. Letters. Extracts from "Thraliana". Extracts from "British synonymy".