The new book of nonsense , 1864
- The new book of nonsense : a contribution to the Great Central Fair, Philadelphia, June, 1864 : in aid of the Sanitary Commission.
- Philadelphia : Ashmead & Evans, No. 724 Chestnut St, 1864.
- Physical Description:
- , 53 leaves : chiefly illustrations ; 15 x 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6231.L5 N49 1864Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With an elaborately illustrated title page.
"Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1864, by Ashmead & Evans, in the Clerk's office of the District Court of the United States for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, for the Ladies of the Sanitary Commission."--Title page verso.
BEIN 2000 +151: Bookplate of Carolyn Wells. Inscription to Carolyn Wells Houghton.
BEIN Shirley +533: Bookplate: E.D. Newman, M.D.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original brown cloth. Bllind stamped border with title stamped gilt. In rust cloth slip-case.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- United States.Limericks.Newman, E. D. -- Bookplate.Nonsense verses, American -- Pictorial works.Wells, Carolyn, d. 1942 -- Bookplate.Wells, Carolyn, d. 1942 -- Presentation inscription.
- Limericks -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- 1864.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.