Japan : its architecture, art, and art manufactures / by Christopher Dresser, PH.D., F.L.S., etc.
- London : Longmans, Green, and Co., 1882.
Edinburgh : Printed by R. & R. Clark, 
- Physical Description:
- xi, 467,  pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7350 .D74 1882Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- With wood-engraved vignette on title page.
"I am much indebted to the painstaking care of Mr. Hundley, who has drawn the illustrations on wood for me, and to Mr. G. Pearson, the well-known wood engraver, who has cut the blocks."--Page vii.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gray decorated cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Japan.Art -- Japanese.Decorative arts -- Japan.Dresser, Christopher -- Travel.Japan -- Description and travel.
- Wood engravings -- 1882.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.