Collections historical, genealogical and topographical for Bedfordshire : etched & engraved on 114 copper plates / from the original drawings by (or under the direction of) Thomas Fisher.
- [London] : Pub. for the author, by J. B. Nichols and son [etc.], 1812-1836.
- Physical Description:
- , 4 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. : 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 96 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 96 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by and after Thomas Fisher.
Title page engraved.
List of plates (p. 3-4) has paginal references to Lyson's Magna Britannia, Bedfordshire.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is bound in half-calf marbled boards. Has aquatint title page; lacks preliminary pages. Bookplate: Duke of Bedford. Copy 2 is a large paper copy, 46 cm., bound in half-calf marbled boards. Extra-illustrated with maps and views of Bedfordshire. Pages are 38 cm. and mounted on larger paper. Has engraved title page.
- Subject Terms:
- Bedford, Duke of -- Bookplate.Bedfordshire (England) -- Antiquities.Bedfordshire (England) -- Description and travel.Bedfordshire (England) -- History.Bedfordshire (England) -- Pictorial works.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1812-1836.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1812-1836.Fisher, Thomas, 1781?-1836, -- Publisher.J.B. Nichols and son -- Printer.
- Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
Aquatints -- 1812-1836.
YCBA Collections Search
Fisher, Thomas, 1781?-1836, Collections historical, genealogical and topographical for Bedfordshire , 1812-1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.