A view of the origin and conduct of the war with Tippoo Sultaun : comprising a narrative of the operations of the army under the command of Lieutenant-General George Harris, and of the siege of Seringapatam / by Lieutenant-Colonel Alexander Beatson.
- London : Printed by W. Bulmer and Co. Cleveland-Row, St. James's., and sold by G. and W. Nicol, 1800.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, , 265, , clxxii p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill., port., maps ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS474.1 .B43 1800+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Mezzotint engraving (portrait of Tipu Sultan) by Samuel William Reynolds; after Alexander Beatson.
Aquatint by James Malton; after Alexander Beatson.
Maps engraved by Samuel John Neele.
English short title catalogue, T128718
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 422
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in half calf with marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- G. and W. Nicol -- Publisher.India -- History -- British occupation, 1765-1947.India -- History -- Mysore War, 1799.Mysore (India) -- History.Śrīraṅgapaṭṭaṇa (India) -- History -- Siege, 1799.Tipu Sultan, Fath ʻAli, Nawab of Mysore, 1753-1799.W. Bulmer and Co.
- Aquatints -- 1800.
Mezzotints -- 1800.
Engravings -- 1800.
- Order of Battle
- Plan of the attack upon the North West angle of Seringapatam
- Environs of Seringapatam
- Dominions of Tippoo Sultaun
- Abstract of Tippoo Sultaun;s Jammabundy
- Tippoo Sultaun
- View of the North West front of Seringapatam. Shewing the approaches, the batteries, the breach, & the explosion of the Rocket magazine.