The sportsman's directory, or, Park and gamekeeper's companion : containing instructions for breeding, feeding, and breaking dogs, hunting, and coursing, shooting, fishing, preserving game, decoys, breeding pheasants, partridges, pigeons, rabbits, &c. &c. : also, a description of all kinds of poaching, how to detect poachers, and to destroy their works : with abstracts of the new game acts, and upwards of fifty valuable recipes / by John Mayer, gamekeeper.
- Additional Title(s):
Park and gamekeeper's companion
- Third edition, enlarged and improved.
- London : Published by Baldwin, Cradock and Joy, Paternoster-Row; and Swinborne and Walter, Colchester, 1819.
Colchester : Swinburne and Walter, printers
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 204,  pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK31 .M39 1819Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispiece engraved by James Shury.
Last page blank.
Podeschi, J. B. Horse and horsemanship, 109
Advertisement on page  at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary half calf and marbled boards. Autograph: J.C. Lindsay Bucknall.
- Subject Terms:
- Colchester -- Imprints -- Publishers -- 1819.Dogs -- Training.Game laws -- Great Britain.Hunting -- Great Britain.Lindsay Bucknall, J. C. -- Autograph.
- Engravings -- 1819.
YCBA Collections Search
Mayer, John, gamekeeper, The sportsman's directory, or, Park and gamekeeper's companion , 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.