Mexico in 1827 / by H. G. Ward, Esq. ; His Majesty's chargé d'affaires in that country during the years 1825, 1826, and part of 1827.
- London : Henry Colburn, New Burlington Street, 1828.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., maps ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF1213 .W25 1828Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIR Mexico Eha 823W: From the library of Hiram Bingham.
Illustrations are aquatints, lithographs, and wood engravings (in text). All plates after illustrations by Mrs. H.G. Ward. Lithographs by T.M. Baynes and W. Gauci. Aquatints by J. Clark.
Printed by S. and R. Bentley, Dorset Street, London.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 668
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original paper boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Bentley, R. -- Printer.Bentley, S. -- Printer.Bingham, Hiram, 1875-1956 -- Ownership.Colburn, Henry -- Publisher.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1828.Mexico -- Description and travel.Mexico -- History -- Wars of Independence, 1810-1821.Mines and mineral resources -- Mexico.Spain -- Colonies -- Administration.
- Aquatints -- 1828.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1828.
- V.1. Bk. I. Boundaries [etc.] Population, Productions, Spanish colonial system. bk.II. [The wars of independence] bk.III. Government, Navy and army, Religion, Revenue, Trade. Appendix of documents 1809-21. Particulars of a journey from Altamira to Catorce, by Robert Phillips. Account of the province of Texas, by General Wavel. Notes on the state of Sonora and Cinaloa, by Colonel Bourne
- V.2. Bk.IV. The mines of Mexico
- Bk.V-VI. Personal narrative.