Narrative of a ten years' residence at Tripoli in Africa : from the original correspondence in the possession of the family of the late Richard Tully, Esq., the British consul : comprising authentic memoirs and anecdotes of the reigning bashaw, his family and other persons of distinction : also, an account of the domestic manners of the Moors, Arabs, and Turks.
- London : Printed for Henry Colburn, 1816.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, , 370 p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill., map ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT218 .T8 1816+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Written by the sister-in-law of the late Richard Tully."--Preface.
Aquatints by R. Havell & Son. Map engraved by James Neele.
Printed by Cox and Baylis, Great Queen Street, Lincoln's-Inn Fields.
A second edition was published in 1817.
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, 493
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 299
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in half calf. Bookplate: Thomas Munro.
- Subject Terms:
- Colburn, Henry -- Publisher.Cox and Baylis -- Printer.Libya -- Description and travel.Libya -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Munro, Thomas -- Bookplate.Tripoli (Libya) -- Description and travel.Tully, Miss. -- Travel -- Libya.
- Travel literature.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1816.
- Contents of the plates: Map of the Regencies or Tripoly and Tunis
- Sidy Hassan, Late Bey of Tripoly
- Aqueduct near the City of Tripoly
- Arabs recreating in the Desert
- Officiers of the Grand Seraglio regaling
- An Egyptian Puppet Shew.