Dale, T. F. (Thomas Francis), 1858-1923, Fox-hunting in the shires , 1903
Fox-hunting in the shires / by T.F. Dale, M.A. ... ; illustrated from photographs by R. B. Lodge and others.
- London : Grant Richards, 48 Leicester Square, 1903.
Edinburgh ; London : Printed by Ballantyne, Hanson & Co.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, , 334 pages, xv leaves of plates : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK285 .D35 1903Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The series "The hunting library" is edited by F.G. Aflalo, F.R.G.S.
Printer's statement from foot of page 334.
committed to retain 20170930 20421231 HathiTrust To help ensure preservation of print and digital collections, this title is retained by Yale University Library on behalf of the HathiTrust Shared Print Program.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original red cloth; black lettering and horns stamped in black on front cover, gold lettering and horns on spine.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting.Hunting -- Great Britain.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1903.
- I. Fox-hunting in the shires
- II. A week at Melton
- III. A week at Market Harborough
- IV. Rugby, Leicester, Northampton and Grantham
- V. The hunts and their history
- VI. Riding over the shires, I. Precept
- VII. Riding over the shires, II. Example
- VIII. A week at Oakham and a glimpse of Stamford
- IX. The horse for the grass countries
- X. The horse for the grass countries (contd.)
- XI. Sport in the shires
- XII. Ladies in the shires
- XIII. Dress and equipment
- XIV. Expenses
- XV. The prospects of hunting in grass countries
- XVI. Principal fixtures within ten miles of the chief hunting centres
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.