Fox-hunting in the shires / by T.F. Dale, M.A. ... ; illustrated from photographs by R. B. Lodge and others.
- London : Grant Richards, 48 Leicester Square, 1903.
Edinburgh ; London : Printed by Ballantyne, Hanson & Co.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, , 334 pages, xv leaves of plates : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK285 .D35 1903Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The series "The hunting library" is edited by F.G. Aflalo, F.R.G.S.
Printer's statement from foot of page 334.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original red cloth; black lettering and horns stamped in black on front cover, gold lettering and horns on spine.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting.Hunting -- Great Britain.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1903.
- I. Fox-hunting in the shires
- II. A week at Melton
- III. A week at Market Harborough
- IV. Rugby, Leicester, Northampton and Grantham
- V. The hunts and their history
- VI. Riding over the shires, I. Precept
- VII. Riding over the shires, II. Example
- VIII. A week at Oakham and a glimpse of Stamford
- IX. The horse for the grass countries
- X. The horse for the grass countries (contd.)
- XI. Sport in the shires
- XII. Ladies in the shires
- XIII. Dress and equipment
- XIV. Expenses
- XV. The prospects of hunting in grass countries
- XVI. Principal fixtures within ten miles of the chief hunting centres