Famous prints : masterpieces of graphic art reproduced from rare originals / with an introduction and critical notes by Frank Weitenkampf ...
- New York : Charles Scribner's Sons, 1926.
- Physical Description:
- xx p., 71 leaves,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2010 70Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN Meriden Gravure 1438: This is No. 630. Bookplate of Meriden Gravure Company. Accompanied by autographed facsimile reproduction of pen drawing by Walt Kuhan. From the collection of the Meriden-Stinehour Press.
"Of this book one thousand and twenty-five copies have been printed from type and collotype plates of which one thousand numbered copies are for sale and twenty-five copies for presentation. The type has been distributed and the collotype plates destroyed."
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 285 of 1025. Bookplate: Ex libris Parke & Simmons. Bound in publisher's original quarter tan cloth and green cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Charles Scribner's Sons -- Publisher.Meriden Gravure Company -- Bookplate.Meriden-Stinehour Press -- Ownership.Parke & Simmons -- Bookplate.Prints.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1926.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.