Enoch Arden / by Alfred Tennyson ; illustrated by Arthur Hughes.
- London : Edward Moxon & Co., Dover Street, 1866.
- Physical Description:
- , 81, , 16 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5556 .A1 1866Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Wood engravings by Thomas Bolton, after Arthur Hughes. Steel-engraved frontispiece J.H. Baker from a medallion portrait of the author by Thomas Woolner.
Printed by Bradbury, Evans, and Co., Whitefriars.
McLean, R. Victorian publishers' book-bindings in cloth and leather, p. 135
"Works by the Poet Laureate."--P. .
Publisher's advertisements, 16 p. at end.
MUDD: Wise 108. Includes only Enoch Arden.
Catalogs, Publishers'. Gt. Brit. 19th cent. Moxon.
MUDD: Binding: decorative publisher's green cloth.
MUDD: Catalogs, Publishers'. Gt. Brit. 19th cent. Moxon.
MUDD: Publisher's binding bind. points.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt-stamped red cloth, with gilt edges. McLean suggests that the design is possibly by Arthur Hughes, but more in the style of John Leighton. Inscribed: H. Paraman from Mr. J.T. 1873. Richard Hanbury Joseph Gurney from H. Paraman. 17th March 1873. Bookplate placed upside down on lower board: Richard Hanbury Joseph Gurney.
- Subject Terms:
- Bradbury, Evans, and Co. -- Printer.Edward Moxon & Co. -- Publisher.Gurney, Richard Hanbury Joseph -- Bookplate. (BACRB)Gurney, Richard Hanbury Joseph -- Pres. insc. from H. Paraman, 17th March 1873. (BACRB)J. T., Mr. -- Pres. inscr. to H. Paraman, 1866. (BACRB)Paraman, H. -- Pres. inscr. from Mr. J. T., 1866. (BACRB)Paraman, H. -- Pres. inscr. to Richard Hanbury Joseph Gurney, 17th March 1873. (BACRB)Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance. (BACRB)
- Wood engravings -- 1866.
Steel engraving -- 1866.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.