Australia / by Edwin Carton Booth, F.R.C.I. ; illustrated with drawings by Skinner Prout, N. Chevalier, etc.
- London : Virtue and Co., Limited, [1873-1876]
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations, maps ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDU102 .B66 1873+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Steel engravings by John J. Crew, Thomas Heawood, Edward Brandard, John Godfrey, William Richardson, William Forrest, James Charles Armytage, Arthur Willmore, Samuel Bradshaw, H. Bibby, James Baylis Allen, Charles Cousen, John Saddler, and T. Outhwaite; after J.S. Prout, N. Chevalier, J. Carr, and Thomas Baines.
Maps engraved by William Hughes.
Originally issued in 30 parts. Published also in 8 divisions.
Each volume with an added engraved title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped green cloth; rebacked in black half calf.
- Subject Terms:
- Australia -- Description and travel.Australia -- History.Australia -- Pictorial works.
- Steel engravings -- 1873-1876.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1873-1876.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.