"Curry & rice," on forty plates, or, The ingredients of social life at "our station" in India / by George Francklin Atkinson.
- Additional Title(s):
Curry & rice, on forty plates
Curry and rice, on forty plates
Ingredients of social life at "our station" in India
- London : Printed and published by Day & Son, 
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS408 .A85 1859+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Tinted lithographs by Thomas Picken, George McCulloch, Robert M. Bryson, Alexander Laby, Edmund Walker, and Frederick Jones; after George Francklin Atkinson.
With an added lithographed title page.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 487
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's gilt- and blind-tooled orange cloth. Binding signed: M. Digby Wyatt invt. et delt.
- Subject Terms:
- British -- India -- Personal narratives.Day & Son -- Publisher.India -- Description and travel.India -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1859.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Atkinson, George Francklin, "Curry & rice," on forty plates, or, The ingredients of social life at "our station" in India , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.