The American sportsman : containing hints to sportsmen, notes on shooting, and the habits of the game birds and wild fowl of America / by Elisha J. Lewis, M.D. ... ; with numerous illustrations, designed by George G. White, engraved by Louderback & Hoffman
- Philadelphia : J.B. Lippincott & Co., 1857.
- Physical Description:
- xxxix, , 33-510 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK313 .L48 1857Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Third edition, much enlarged, of the author's "Hints to sportsmen", 1851.
First two leaves, with wood-engraved frontispiece and added title page, included in pagination, [i]-[iv].
Preface to the third edition: pages xi-xii.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blind- and gold-stamped red cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Firearms.Game and game-birds -- United States.Hunting.Shooting.
- Wood engravings.
YCBA Collections Search
Lewis, Elisha J. (Elisha Jarrett), 1820-1877, The American sportsman , 1857
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.