Six months' residence and travels in Mexico : containing remarks on the present state of New Spain, its natural productions, state of society, manufactures, trade, agriculture, and antiquities, &c. with plates and maps / by W. Bullock, F.L.S., proprietor of the late London Museum.
- London : John Murray, Albemarle-Street, 1824.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 532 p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF1213 .B85 1824Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 666
BEIR Mexico Eha 823B: Bookplate of Edward Morse Shepard.
Aquatints by J. Clark; after William Bullock.
Printed by James Bullock, Lombard Street, Whitefriars.
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 9140
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Lacks half-title. Bound in half red calf, with gilt-tooled spine and marbled edges; marbled endpapers. Has armorial bookplate of George Tudor.
- Subject Terms:
- Bullock, James -- Printer. (BACRB)Mexico -- Description and travel.Mexico -- Pictorial works.Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1821-1861.Murray, John -- Publisher. (BACRB)Shepard, Edward Morse, 1850-1911 -- Bookplate.Tudor, George -- Bookplate. (BACRB)
- Armorial Bookplates (Provenance)
Aquatints -- 1824.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1824.
YCBA Collections Search
Bullock, W. (William), active 1808-1828, Six months' residence and travels in Mexico , 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.