The ruins of Gour described and represented in eighteen views : with a topographical map / compiled from the manuscripts and drawings of the late H. Creighton, esq.
- London : Black, Parbury, & Allen, 1817.
- Physical Description:
- , iii, , 12 p., XIII leaves,  p., XVIII,  leaves of plates ( folded) : col. ill., map ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS486.G3 C74 1817+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Aquatints engraved by Thomas Medland.
Map etched by Thomas Fisher.
Printed by Cox & Baylis, Great Queen-street, Lincoln's-Inn Fields.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 438
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original brown paper covered boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Antiquities -- India -- Pictorial works.Aquatints -- Specimens -- 1817.Aquatints, Colored -- Specimens -- 1817.Black, Parbury, & Allen -- Publisher.Cox & Baylis -- Printer.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1817.Gaur (India) -- Pictorial works.
- A map of Gour 1801
- The tower
- The Dakhil Gate
- The Chand Gate
- The Cutwaly Gate
- The Suna Masjid, or Golden Mosque
- Chuta Suna Masjid, or small Golden Mosque
- The inside of the Chuta Suna Masjic, or small Golden Mosque
- The tomb of Shah Husayn
- The Painted Mosque
- A small gateway covered with a dome
- Kadam Rasul, or the Prophet's Foot, a mosque
- Thanty Para
- Ruins of a bridge
- Tombs at the small Golden Mosque
- Cham Kutta, a small mosque
- Varaha Avatara, or descent in the Boar. Muhammadan Sculpture in the small Golden Mosque
- Sivani, a Hindu image
- Brahmani, a Hindu image, Bwawani, a Hindu image.