West Point life : a poem / read before the Dialectic Society of the United States Military Academy ; illustrated with pen and ink sketches, by a cadet ; to which is added the song, "Benny Havens, oh!"
- New York : D. Van Nostrand, 192 Broadway, 1866.
- Physical Description:
- , 37 leaves,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 16 x 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsU410.L3 P67 1866Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Poem attributed to Horace Porter.
Illustrations attributted to C.W. Whipple.
The poem was published in 1859? without illustrations
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original purple cloth, blind-stamped with title in gilt on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Humorous poetry, American.United States Military Academy -- AnecdotesUnited States Military Academy -- Caricatures and cartoons.United States Military Academy -- Poetry.
- Poems -- 1866.
Lithographs -- 1866.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.