Mitla : a narrative of incidents and personal adventures on a journey in Mexico, Guatemala, and Salvador in the years of 1853 to 1855 / with observations on the modes of life in those countries by G. F. Von Tempsky ; edited by J. S. Bell, author of "Journal of a residence in Circassia in the years 1836 to 1839."
- London : Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, & Roberts, 1858.
- Physical Description:
- xv, , 436 p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF1213 .V66 1858Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrations are chromolithographs and wood engravings. Wood engravings unsigned. Chromolithographs signed: Von Tempsky, delt. M. & N. Hanhart, lith.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 665
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in gilt-tooled tree calf, with marbled edges and marbled endpapers. Bookplate of Andrew Jameson.
- Subject Terms:
- El Salvador -- Description and travel.Guatemala -- Description and travel.Jameson, Andrew -- Bookplate.Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, & Roberts -- Publisher.Mexico -- Description and travel.
- Travel literature -- Mexico -- 1853-1855.
Travel literature -- Guatemala -- 1853-1855.
Travel literature -- El Salvador -- 1853-1855.
Chromolithographs -- 1858.
Wood engravings -- 1858.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.