Lockhart, J. G. (John Gibson), 1794-1854, Peter's letters to his kinsfolk, 1819
Peter's letters to his kinsfolk.
- 3d ed.
- [Edinburgh] : Printed for William Blackwood, Edinburgh; and T. Cadell and W. Davies, London, 1819.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. : ill., ports. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA772 .L63 1819Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Dedication" and "Epistle luminary" signed Peter Morris, a pseudonym of J.G. Lockhart.
Engravings by W.H. Lizars and James Stewart; after John Watson and Sir Henry Raeburn.
Printed by Oliver and Boyd, Edinburgh.
Title pages are engraved.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half red calf and marbled boards. From the library of Frederick Whiley Hilles, with his (?) notes in pencil on the endpapers.
- Subject Terms:
- Blackwood, W. -- Publisher.Edinburgh (Scotland) -- Social life and customs.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1819.Glasgow (Scotland) -- Social life and customs.Hilles, Frederick Whiley -- Annotations.Oliver and Boyd -- Printer.Scotland -- Description and travel.Scotland -- Social life and customs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.