Welsh scenery / from drawings by Captain Batty, of the Grenadier Guards, F.R.S.
- London : R. Jennings, 1825.
- Physical Description:
- viii,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA730 .B38 1825+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Steel engravings by Edward Finden; after Captain Robert Batty.
Printed by J. Haddon, Castle Street, Finsbury.
Plates accompanied by unpaged descriptive text.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary blue cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Haddon, J. -- Printer.Jennings, R. -- Publisher.Landscape -- Wales.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1825.Wales -- Description and travel.Wales -- Pictorial works.
- Chepstow, from the cliff opposite the town
- Ragland Castle
- Llantony Abbey
- Abergavenny Castle
- Bridge at Rahyadergwy
- Valley of the Rheiddol, looking towards the Devil's Bridge
- Devil's Bridge
- Fall of the Rheiddol, near the Devil's Bridge
- Aberystwith and Cardigan Bay
- Welsh Coast near Aberystwith
- Cader Idris
- Harlech Castle
- Vale of Ffestiniog
- View looking towards the Pass of Bedgellart
- Nantz Mill
- Snowdon, from Llanberris
- Dolbadern Castle
- Snowdon, and Llanberris, from the road to Caernarvon
- Caernarvon Castle
- Eagle Tower, Caernarvon Castle
- Waterfall at Aber
- Conway Castle, from the banks of Conway below the Town
- Conway Castle, from the wood opposite
- Rhyddlan Castle
- Gateway of Denbigh Castle
- View on the Dee, from Llangollen Bridge
- Valle Crucis Abbey
- Llangwast, or Valle Crucis Abbey, West Side
- Aqueduct over the Dee, called Pont-y-Cyssyltan
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.