Hill, George, Lord, 1801-1879, Facts from Gweedore , 1845 [i.e. 1846]
Facts from Gweedore : with useful hints to Donegal tourists / compiled from notes by Lord George Hill ...
- Dublin : P.D. Hardy and Sons, 1845 [i.e. 1846]
- Physical Description:
- 37,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA990.D6 H55 1845+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Tinted lithographs by Andrew Picken, after Harriet Windsor Clive. Printed by Day & Haghe.
Cover imprint is dated 1846.
"Notice. It is intended to publish shortly a third part, containing a cursory notice of towns, routes, distances, hotels, conveyances, &c. accompanied by a map of the roads, and a view of Anagary Strand."--Slip tipped in at end.
BM (compact ed.), v. 12, 956
Eng. cat. of books, v. 1, p. 358
Anderson, J.P. Book of British topography, p. 430
MUDD WE 2149: One plate wanting.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original printed boards. Engraved vignette on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Day & Haghe -- Printer.Donegal (Ireland : County) -- Description and travel.Donegal (Ireland : County) -- Rural conditions.Gweedore (Ireland) -- Description and travel.Gweedore (Ireland) -- Rural conditions.Ireland -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Ireland -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Landscape -- Ireland.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1845.P.D. Hardy and Sons -- Publisher.
- Plates: Valley of the Claudy, Mt. Arrigal & Gweedore Hotel
- Illustration of the evil of unrestricted subdividing farms and the difficulty of its correction afterwards
- Old mill of the Claudy
- Bunbeg Harbour and Store
- New mill, Bunbeg
- The Gweedore Hotel
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.