Facts from Gweedore : with useful hints to Donegal tourists / compiled from notes by Lord George Hill ...
- Dublin : P.D. Hardy and Sons, 1845 [i.e. 1846]
- Physical Description:
- 37,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA990.D6 H55 1845+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Tinted lithographs by Andrew Picken, after Harriet Windsor Clive. Printed by Day & Haghe.
Cover imprint is dated 1846.
"Notice. It is intended to publish shortly a third part, containing a cursory notice of towns, routes, distances, hotels, conveyances, &c. accompanied by a map of the roads, and a view of Anagary Strand."--Slip tipped in at end.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 12, 956
Eng. cat. of books, v. 1, p. 358
Anderson, J.P. Book of British topography, p. 430
MUDD WE 2149: One plate wanting.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original printed boards. Engraved vignette on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Day & Haghe -- Printer.Donegal (Ireland : County) -- Description and travel.Donegal (Ireland : County) -- Rural conditions.Gweedore (Ireland) -- Description and travel.Gweedore (Ireland) -- Rural conditions.Ireland -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Ireland -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Landscape -- Ireland.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1845.P.D. Hardy and Sons -- Publisher.
- IIIF Manifest:
- Plates: Valley of the Claudy, Mt. Arrigal & Gweedore Hotel
- Illustration of the evil of unrestricted subdividing farms and the difficulty of its correction afterwards
- Old mill of the Claudy
- Bunbeg Harbour and Store
- New mill, Bunbeg
- The Gweedore Hotel