Nimrod's hunting tours : interspersed with characteristic anecdotes, sayings and doings of sporting men : including notices of the principal crack riders of England, with analytical contents and general index of names.
- A new edition with an introduction by W. Shaw Sparrow and twenty-four illustrations in colour and half-tone after Ben. Marshall, Henry Alken, Wolstenholme, R.B. Davis, Wm. Webb, H.B. Chalon, James Ward, R.A., etc.
- London : John Lane, the Bodley Head Limited, 1926.
Bungay, Suffolk : Printed in Great Britain by Richard Clay & Sons, Ltd., Bungay, Suffolk
- Physical Description:
- xx, , 294 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK285 .A67 1926 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK285 .A67 1926 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Nimrod is the pseudonym of C.J. Apperley.
First published in 1835.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is bound in publisher's original pink cloth.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in gilt-stamped red calf, by Riviere & Son.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting -- England.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Horsemen and horsewomen -- England.Hunt riding -- England.Hunters -- England.Hunters -- Great Britain -- Biography.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1926.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.