Surtees, Robert Smith, 1805-1864, Mr. Sponge's sporting tour , 1859, [c1856]
- Mr. Sponge's sporting tour / edited by Frank Forester [i.e. Henry William Herbert]. With illustrations by John Leech.
- New York : W.A. Townsend & Co., 1859, [c1856]
- Physical Description:
- 10, -425,  p.,  leaves of plates ; 23 cm. (8vo)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2188Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Last three pages pub. adv'ts.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Edited by Frant Forester. Octavo. Green cloth; hunt scene in gold on front cover, blind stamped on front and back covers, gold design and lettering on spine. Plates, publisher's ads. Plates after John Leech. Spine height: 8 5/8 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.