Modern practical farriery : a complete guide to all that relates to the horse, its history, varieties, and uses : breaking, training, feeding, stabling, and grooming : how to buy, keep and treat a horse in health and disease, etc. etc. : forming a complete system of the veterinary art, as at present practised at the Royal Veterinary College, London / by W.J. Miles, M.R.C.V.S.L. ; with numerous illustrations and a series of anatomical plates, engraved from original drawings from nature, by Benjamin Herring, Esq. ; to which is added an essay on the diseases and management of cattle, sheep, and pigs by J.L. Lupton, M.R.C.V.S.
- London : William Mackenzie, 69 Ludgate Hill, E.C. : Glasgow, and Edinburgh, 1885.
- Physical Description:
- , 536, vii, , iv, 96 pages, 39 leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 31 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF753 .M55 1885+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Illustrations after Benjamin Herring.
With an added chromolithographed title page.
MUDD Uzfy11 +885M: Imperfect: front. and some other plates wanting.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary black half morocco, and brown morocco; gold stamped on front and back covers, gold lettering on spine: "Miles' Farriery Illustrated", blind stamped on spine, all edges marbled.
- Subject Terms:
- Domestic animals -- Diseases.Domestic animals -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.Horses -- Diseases.Veterinary medicine -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.
- Lithographs -- 1885.
Chromolithographs -- 1885.
YCBA Collections Search
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Miles, W. J. (William J.), Modern practical farriery , 1885
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.