Miles, W. J. (William J.), Modern practical farriery , 1885
- Modern practical farriery : a complete guide to all that relates to the horse, its history, varieties, and uses : breaking, training, feeding, stabling, and grooming : how to buy, keep and treat a horse in health and disease, etc. etc. : forming a complete system of the veterinary art, as at present practised at the Royal Veterinary College, London / by W.J. Miles, M.R.C.V.S.L. ; with numerous illustrations and a series of anatomical plates, engraved from original drawings from nature, by Benjamin Herring, Esq. ; to which is added an essay on the diseases and management of cattle, sheep, and pigs by J.L. Lupton, M.R.C.V.S.
- London : William Mackenzie, 69 Ludgate Hill, E.C. : Glasgow, and Edinburgh, 1885.
- Physical Description:
- , 536, vii, , iv, 96 pages, 39 leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 31 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF753 .M55 1885+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations after Benjamin Herring.
With an added chromolithographed title page.
MUDD Uzfy11 +885M: Imperfect: front. and some other plates wanting.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary black half morocco, and brown morocco; gold stamped on front and back covers, gold lettering on spine: "Miles' Farriery Illustrated", blind stamped on spine, all edges marbled.
- Subject Terms:
- Domestic animals -- Diseases.Domestic animals -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.Horses -- Diseases.Veterinary medicine -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.
- Lithographs -- 1885.
Chromolithographs -- 1885.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.