IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Birch, Thomas, 1705-1766, The heads of illustrious persons of Great Britain , 1813
The heads of illustrious persons of Great Britain / engraved by Mr. Houbraken and Mr. Vertue ; with their lives and characters by Thomas Birch.
- A new edition.
- London : Printed for William Baynes, Paternoster Row, by Charles Wood, Poppin's Court, Fleet Street, 1813.
- Physical Description:
- , 216 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, portraits ; 52 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2014 53Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Engraved vignette on title page.
Engravings after Ambrosius Holbein, Frans Pourbus, J. Oliver, Frederico Zuccheri, C. Johnson, Peter Lely, Willem van Bemmel, Anthony Van Dyke, Cooper, and Walker.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary red gilt- and blind-tooled morocco. Bookplate: Thomas Hartley Gillfoot.
- Subject Terms:
- Gillfoot, Thomas Hartley -- Bookplate.Great Britain -- Biography -- Portraits.Great Britain -- Biography.Great Britain -- Kings and rulers -- PortraitsPoliticians -- Great Britain -- Portraits.Portraits -- Great Britain.
Engravings -- 1813.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.