Plans, elevations, and sections, of buildings public and private : executed in various parts of England, &c., including the new custom-house, London, with plans, details, and descriptions / engraved on fifty-nine plates by David Laing, F.S.A., architect and surveyor to the Board of Customs, &c.
- Additional Title(s):
Half-title: Plans of buildings public and private, including the new custom-house, London, &c. &c. &c.
- London : Printed by Bensley and Sons, Bolt-Court, Fleet-Street, and published by J. Taylor, Architectural Library, High Holborn, MDCCCXVIII 
- Physical Description:
- , xiv, , 44 pages, 57 leaves of plates : illustrations ; 55 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 78 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 78 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engravings by James Davis, Isaac Taylor, William Woolnoth, John Roffe, R. Roffe, and Joseph Skelton; after David Laing.
The majority of the work (30 pages and 41 plates) illustrates Laing's new Custom House In London. Plates 54-57 show designs for his villas and the Church of St. Dunstan in the East.
With a list of subscribers preceding the introduction.
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840, 1716
Archer, J. British domestic architecture, 171.1
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in later maroon half morocco, with contemporary marbled boards.
BAC: British Center copy 2 bound in publisher's original paper covered boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Great Britain.Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain.Church architecture -- Great Britain.Custom-house (London, England)
- Subscriber's lists.
YCBA Collections Search
Laing, David, 1774-1856, Plans, elevations, and sections, of buildings public and private , MDCCCXVIII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.