Reminiscences of the late Thomas Assheton Smith, esq., or, The pursuits of an English country gentleman / by Sir John E. Eardely-Wilmot, bart.
- Additional Title(s):
Pursuits of an English country gentleman
- Second edition.
- London : John Murray, Albemarle Street, 1860.
London : Printed by Spottiswoode and Co., New-Street Square
- Physical Description:
- xiii, , 307,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCT788.S68 W44 1860Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispiece portrait of Thomas Assheton Smith engraved by W. Holl, after Cooper.
The final wood engraving is signed by Whymper.
Also published in 1893 under the title " A famous fox-hunter.'
Printer's statement from page .
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gold stamped red cloth. Bookplate: Viola T. Winmill.
- Subject Terms:
- Gentry -- Great Britain -- Biography.Hunters -- Great Britain -- Biography.Smith, Thomas Assheton, 1776-1858.Winmill, Viola T. -- Bookplate.
- Illustrations: Portrait of Thomas Assheton Smith, Edq.
- Hall table at Tedworth House
- Foxes' heads on kennel door at Tedworth
- Plan on stables at Tedworth
- Plan of old Kennels at Tedworth
- Slate quarries from Llanberris
- Tedworth House
- Part of principal entrance to stables at Tedworth
- Sea Serpent steam yacht, from a drawing in the library at Tedworth
- Thomas Assheton Smith, Esq., on Aston.