Neale, Adam, d. 1832, Travels through some parts of Germany, Poland, Moldavia, and Turkey , 1818
Travels through some parts of Germany, Poland, Moldavia, and Turkey / by Adam Neale.
- London; Published by Messrs. Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, & Brown, Paternoster Row. And A. Constable and Co. Edinburgh, 1818.
[Edinburgh] : Published by Messrs. Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, & Brown, Paternoster Row. And A. Constable and Co. Edinburgh, 1818.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, , 295,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsD919 .N43 1818+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Spine title, on publisher's printed label: Neale's travels.
Illustrations by J. Clark; after Adam Neale.
Printed by A. Strahan, New-Street Square, London.
Cat. Russica, no. N261
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, 344
Errata, p. [viii].
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 19
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Partially unopened. Bound in contemporary gray paper boards, with publisher's spine label. Publisher's advertisements, 4 p., tipped in at end, not included in pagination.
- Subject Terms:
- A. Constable and Co. -- Publisher.Europe -- Description and travel.Germany -- Description and travel.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, & Brown -- Publisher.Moldavia -- Description and travel.Poland -- Description and travel.Strahan, A. -- Printer.Turkey -- Description and travel.Voyages and travels.
- Publisher's advertisements.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1818.
- Contents of the plates: A Greek Reis
- Konigstein on the Elbe, Saxony
- Meissen on the Elbe from the west. Meissen on the Elbe from the east
- The Wisse-gorod at Prague. The Bath of Libussa. City of Brinn & fortress of Spielburg, Moravia. River Niester & ruins of Halitz. English Ambassador's Palace at Terapia
- Agatopoli, a port in the Black Sea
- Harbour of Incada, Black Sea
- Greek Barber. Turkish Boatmen.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.