The oriental album : twenty illustrations, in oil colors, of the people and scenery of Turkey, with an explanatory and descriptive text / by Rev. Henry J. Van Lennep, D.D. ...
- New York : Anson D. F. Randolph, 683 Broadway, 1862.
- Physical Description:
- 48 pages,  leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 46 x 36 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 43Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- With an added lithographed title page.
Chromolithographs by Charles Parsons, after Van-Lennep. Printed by Endicott & Co., N.Y.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original purple cloth, stamped in gold.
BEIN 2016 Folio 85: Original cloth front cover pasted in. Inscription: Jack R. Crawford, Yale University.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Turkey -- Pictorial works.Crawford, Jack Randall, 1878- -- Autograph.Ethnic costume -- Turkey.Turkey -- Pictorial works.Turkey -- Social life and customs.
- Chromolithographs -- 1862.
Lithographs -- 1862.
- Turkish and Armenian ladies abroad
- A Turkish Effendi
- Armenian lady of Constantinople (at home)
- Turkish scribe
- Turkish lady of rank at home
- Turkish Cavass (police officer)
- Turkish woman (unveiled)
- Armenian piper
- Armenian ladies (at home)
- Armenian marriage procession
- Armenian bride
- Albanian guard
- Armenian peasant woman
- Baghdad merchant (travelling)
- Jewish marriage
- Jewish merchant-- Gypsy fortune telling
- Bandit chief
- Circassian warrior
- Druse girl.