British family antiquity : illustrative of the origin and progress of the rank, honours, and personal merit of the nobility of the United Kingdom : accompanied with an elegant set of chronological charts / by William Playfair.
- London : Published by Thomas Reynolds and Harvey Grace, The Proprietors, at no. 13, Travies Inn, Holborn, 1809-1811.
- Physical Description:
- 9 volumes : illustrations ; 35 cm and 1 atlas : 9 folded charts ; 35 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCS420 .P5 1809+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Charts in atlas all have titles beginning "A newly invented chronological chart of ..."
Volume VI printed by W. Lewis, Paternoster-Row. Volume VII printed by Joyce Gold.
BEIN 2013 Folio 13: Charts. 67 x 51 cm.
BAC: British Art Center copy incomplete: comprises volumes vi-vii only. Atlas wanting. Bound in contemporary maroon sheep, with marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Gold, Joyce, -- Printer.Grace, Harvey -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Genealogy.Heraldry -- Great Britain.Heraldry -- Great Britain.Lewis, W., -- Printer.Reynolds, Thomas -- Publisher.
- Engravings -- 1809-1811.
- v. 1-2. [The peerage of England.]
- v. 3. The peerage of Scotland
- v. 4-5. The peerage of Ireland
- v. 6-7. The baronetage of England
- v. 8. The baronetage of Scotland
- v. 9. The baronetage of Ireland.