The painters' encyclopædia. Containing definitions of all important words in the art of plain and artistic painting, with details of practice in coach, carriage, railway car, house, sign and ornamental painting, including graining, marbling ... and valuable hints and helps in scene painting, porcelain painting, plain painting, distemper painting, and all work in which a brush, pencil or palette is used. Elaborately illustrated. By Franklin B. Gardner.
- New York, M.T. Richardson, 1887.
- Physical Description:
- 427 p. illus., diagr. 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND31 G3Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Advertisements: 1 leaf at end.
BAC : Printed by Gibb Bros.
BAC : Frontispiece by the author.
- Subject Terms:
- Painting -- Dictionaries.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.