Knight, Henry Gally, 1786-1846, The ecclesiastical architecture of Italy, 1843
- The ecclesiastical architecture of Italy. From the time of Constantine to the fifteenth century, with an introduction and text by Henry Gally Knight ...
- London, Henry Bohn, 1843.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. ill., 81 plates (part. col., incl. plan) 56 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 80Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title within illuminated border.
Plates and t.-p.'s by Owen Jones, G. Moore, T. T. Bury, and R. K. Thomas; after G. Moore, D. Quaglio, J. Aliusetti, J. M. Knapp, Hallman, and Edw. Lear.
One plate lithographed by Day & Haghe.
Abbey, J. R. Travel, 170
Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 147
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC: Abbey copy.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Bohn, Henry -- Publisher.Church architecture -- Italy.Day & Haghe -- Printer.
- Chromolithographs -- 1843.
Lithotints -- 1843.
Lithographs -- 1843.
Wood engravings -- 1843.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.