Scenes chiefly Italian by G. Cumberland jr.
- [London, G. Cumberland jr., 1821]
- Physical Description:
- 3 p. ., 40 plates (part mounted) 23 x 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 20Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Some plates have imprint: "Etched & published by G. Cumberland jr. London, 1821."
Plates after G. Cumberland Sr., who also wrote "Remarks on Mr. G. Cumberland's forty drawings on stone", which appears on the recto of the second preliminary leaf.
The t.-p. and four plates are mounted.
Some plates printed by C. Hullmandel.
See Bentley, G. E. A bibliography of George Cumberland. New York, Garland, 1975, p. 31-34, where a very similar copy is described.
- Subject Terms:
- Cumberland, G., jr. -- Publisher.Hullmandel, C. -- Printer.Italy -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Italy -- Pictorial works.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1824.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.