Forrester, Charles Robert, 1803-1850, The pictorial grammar,, 
- The pictorial grammar, by Alfred Crowquill.
- London, Harvey and Darton 
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. ., 75 p. ill. 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPE1199 .F6Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Alfred Crowquill was the pseudonym used chiefly by Alfred Henry Forrester who illustrated the book, and also by his brother Charles who contributed the text.--Cf. The Osborne Collection of Early Children's Books, v. 1, p. 121.
Published 1842.--Cf. British Museum Catalogue.
"Printed by Joseph Rickerby."
Advertisements: 16 p. at end.
- Subject Terms:
- English language -- Grammar -- 1800-1869.Harvey and Darton -- Publisher.Rickerby, Joseph -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1842.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.