Original designs in architecture, by William Thomas ... consisting of twenty-seven copper-plates, in folio; which contain plans, elevations, sections, ceilings and chimney pieces, for villas and town houses; designs for temples, grottos, sepulchres, bridges, &c. in the most approved taste. To which are prefixed, a suitable introduction, and a description, explaining the several designs.
- London, Printed for the author, 1783.
- Physical Description:
- 12 p. XXVII plates. 54 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 65Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 has the bookplate of Richard Blackett Beaumont.
Plates by J. Roberts, E. Malpas, and T. Miller, after the author.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Designs and plans.Architecture -- Details.Beaumont, Richard Blackett, b.1926 -- Bookplate.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1783.Thomas, William -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.