Saunders, T. H, Illustrations of the British paper manufacture , 1855
Illustrations of the British paper manufacture / manufactured by Mr. T. H. Saunders ...
- London : Waterlow and Sons, 1855.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates (1 folding) : ill. ; 70 cm. + 123,  paper samples
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B T 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- One illustration is after Hogarth.
English and French text in parallel columns.
Includes samples of hand and machine made papers.
Text printed within floreated borders lithographically printed in purple.
With wood-engraved diagrams within the text.
BAC: British Art Center copy requires curator or conservator's permission for use. Has a large lithographed presentation bookplate from the author, inscribed in ms. to the Mercantile Library Association. Inscribed, in a different hand, at bottom of presentation plate: Wm. Boaler, agent for the U.S. and Canada.
- Subject Terms:
- Boaler, William -- Autograph.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1855.New York (N.Y.) Mercantile Library Association -- Pres. insc. from the author.Paper -- Sample books.Paper -- Specimens.Paper industry -- Great Britain.Saunders, T H. -- Pres. insc. to the Mercantile Library Association.Saunders, T. H.Waterlow and Sons -- Publisher.
- Handmade papers.
Chromolithographs -- 1855.
- Class A, papers made by hand
- Class B, papers made by machine
- Class C, special papers.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.