The Canterbury guide, or Travellers pocket companion; containing an account of whatever is curious and worth observation in that ancient city and its suburbs. Together with a particular description ... of the Cathedral and Priory of Christ Church ... To which is added an account of the dissolved Abbey of St. Augustine ... By a late inhabitant.
- Canterbury, Printed and sold by W. Bristow, 1803.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 123 p. front., plate. 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 C3 H3View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Chiefly taken from Edward Hasted's The history of the antient and metropolitical city of Canterbury.--Cf. Halkett and Laing.
Frontispiece and plate by R. Pollard; after M. Thomas.
With this is bound: The history and antiquities of Rochester Cathedral. Rochester [1800?]; A short history of Rochester Castle. Rochester, 1824; and A short historical sketch of the town of Dover. Dover, 1807.
- Subject Terms:
- Bristow, W. -- Publisher.Canterbury (England) -- Description and travel.Canterbury Cathedral.Carlos, Edward John, 1798-1851 -- Bookplate.Christ Church Priory (Canterbury, England)Etching -- Specimens -- 1803.St. Augustine's Abbey (Canterbury, England)
YCBA Collections Search
Hasted, Edward, 1732-1812, The Canterbury guide, or Travellers pocket companion;, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.