To the right honourable John, Earl of Rothes, &ca, between 1700 and 1773]
- To the right honourable John, Earl of Rothes, &ca. these plates exhibiting the funeral solemnities observed at the internment of his grace John Duke of Rothes Lord High Chancelor of Scotland 23 of August 1681, are respectfully inscribed by his lordship's most obedient, & devoted humble servant, Thomas Sommers.
- [Edinburgh? between 1700 and 1773]
- Physical Description:
- 4 plates. 48 x 56 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B J 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- British Art Center has 2 copies. Copies 1 and 2 are bound with copies 1 and 2 of: To the honourable Archibald Douglas esqr. of Douglas. [Edinburgh? 17--].
Title from caption at head of plate .
The dedicatee is one of three men of that name who had the title Earl of Rothes between 1700 and 1773.
Part of a larger work?
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1700-1773.Funeral rites and ceremonies -- Scotland.Rothes, John Leslie, Earl of, 1630?-1681.Sommers, Thomas -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.