The nobility of life, its graces and virtues, portrayed in prose and verse by the best writers. Selected and edited by L. Valentine ...
- A rev. ed. With twenty original pictures printed in colours, elaborate borders, headings, and vignettes.
- London, Frederick Warne and Co.; [ca. 1877]
New York, Scribner, Welford, and Armstrong [ca. 1877]
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. ., iii-viii, 192 p. (part. mounted and col.) 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1111.C6 V3 1877Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of imprint determined from advertisements at end, which list books published between 1873 and 1877.
Advertisements:  p. at end.
"Dalziel Brothers, engravers and printers."
Color illustrations engraved and printed variously by Edmund Evans or Kronheim & Co.
Illustrations, ornamental borders, and border vignettes designed by J. D. Watson, P. Hundley, H. Le Jeune, C. Green, J. Wolf, Francis Walker, A. B. Houghton, H. C. Selous, E. Buckman, E. Duncan, J. A. Pasquier, E. J. Poynter, T. Dalziel, J. Mahoney, Alfred Thompson, M. E. Edwards, F. J. Skill, A. W. Cooper, H. French, E. H. Wehnert, T. D. Scott, T. W. Wood, and J. B. Zwecker.
- Subject Terms:
- Conduct of life -- Literary collections.Dalziel Brothers -- Printer.Evans, Edmund -- Printer.Kronheim & Co. -- Printer.Warne (Frederick) and Co. -- Publisher.
- Chromoxylographs -- ca. 1877.
Wood engravings -- ca. 1877.
YCBA Collections Search
Valentine, L. (Laura), d. 1899, The nobility of life, its graces and virtues,, [ca. 1877]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.