Palaeographia sacra pictoria: being a series of illustrations of the ancient versions of the Bible, copied from illuminated manuscripts, executed between the fourth and sixteenth centuries, By J. O. Westwood, F. L. S. ...
- London, William Smith, 1843-1845.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. ., , vi-xvii,  p, 1 leaf,  p. ill., col. plates. 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND2900 W3+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Added t.-p., col.
"Bradbury and Evans, printers ..."
Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 138
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
- Subject Terms:
- Bible -- Illustrations.Bradbury and Evans -- Printer.Deedes, Cecil, 1843-1929 -- Bookplate.Glass, W. -- Provenance.Illumination of books and manuscripts -- Specimens.Manuscripts -- Facsimiles.Smith, William -- Publisher.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1843-1845.
YCBA Collections Search
Westwood, J. O. (John Obadiah), 1805-1893, Palaeographia sacra pictoria, 1843-1845