Tales and fables in French and English. Written originally for the instruction of a young prince, by Fr. de Salignac de La Motte Fénelon ... and translated by the late D. Bellamy ...
- Additional Title(s):
Fables. French & English
- A new ed. with twenty-seven plates.
- London, Printed for J. Deighton, no. 274, Holborn 1789.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. l., 86, 78 p. front. (port) ill. 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPQ1795 F3 1789+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- First ed. published in 1729, under title: Twenty seven tales and fables, French and English.
Illustrations by G. Bickham and C. Grignion; most after S. Wale.
The illustrated leaves (3d-29th preliminary leaves) and the English text (p. 1-86) were also issued as part of Daniel Bellamy's Ethic tales and fables, 1770, a continuation of his Ethic amusements, 1768.
- Subject Terms:
- Deighton, J. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1789.Farrant, Richard, Sir -- Bookplate (BEIN Osborn pc145).
YCBA Collections Search
Fénelon, François de Salignac de La Mothe-, 1651-1715, Tales and fables in French and English, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.