Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797, A catalogue of engravers,, 1763
- A catalogue of engravers, who have been born, or resided in England; digested by Mr. Horace Walpole from the Mss. of Mr. George Vertue; to which is added an account of the life and works of the latter ...
- Strawberry-Hill [Strawberry-Hill Press] 1763.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. l., 128, 14, 20 p., 4 leaves. ports. 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE628 W18 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE628 W18 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Portraits by A. Bannerman and T. Chambars; after V. Dyck, William Faithorne, Dobson, and Richardson.
British Art Center copy 1 has the bookplate of John Smyth. Bound by Edwards of Halifax (i.e. James Edwards) in gilt-tooled vellum, with a large oval monochrome portrait in the center of the upper and lower covers, painted in watercolor on the underside of the vellum and framed by a repeated gilt tool.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 has the bookplates of Guy F. Bush and of Gladys Lucilla Bush and the autograph of Maria Louisa Whyte.
- Subject Terms:
- Bush Gladys Lucilla -- Bookplate.Bush, Guy F. -- Bookplate.Edwards of Halifax -- Bookbinder.Engravers -- England.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1763.Smyth, John, 1748-1811 -- Bookplate.Strawberry-Hill Press -- Publisher.Whyte, Maria Louisa -- Autograph.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.