A catalogue of engravers, who have been born, or resided in England; digested by Mr. Horace Walpole from the Mss. of Mr. George Vertue; to which is added an account of the life and works of the latter ...
- Strawberry-Hill [Strawberry-Hill Press] 1763.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. l., 128, 14, 20 p., 4 leaves. ports. 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE628 W18 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE628 W18 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Portraits by A. Bannerman and T. Chambars; after V. Dyck, William Faithorne, Dobson, and Richardson.
British Art Center copy 1 has the bookplate of John Smyth. Bound by Edwards of Halifax (i.e. James Edwards) in gilt-tooled vellum, with a large oval monochrome portrait in the center of the upper and lower covers, painted in watercolor on the underside of the vellum and framed by a repeated gilt tool.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 has the bookplates of Guy F. Bush and of Gladys Lucilla Bush and the autograph of Maria Louisa Whyte.
- Subject Terms:
- Bush Gladys Lucilla -- Bookplate.Bush, Guy F. -- Bookplate.Edwards of Halifax -- Bookbinder.Engravers -- England.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1763.Smyth, John, 1748-1811 -- Bookplate.Strawberry-Hill Press -- Publisher.Whyte, Maria Louisa -- Autograph.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.