Haghe, Louis, 1806-1885, Sketches in Belgium & Germany, 1840-1850
- Sketches in Belgium & Germany by Louis Haghe.
- London, Hodgson & Graves, 1840-1850.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. col. plates. 57 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 13 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 13 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithographed title-pages.
Vol. 2 has imprint: Henry Graves & Co.; vol. 3 has imprint: Thos. McLean.
Vol. 3 has title: Haghe's portfolio of sketches. Belgium, Germany.
Vol. 1 and 2 lithographed by Day & Haghe; vol. 3 lithographed by Day & Son.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 35
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 37
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 41
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. In copy 1, vol. 1, the plates have added hand coloring. In copy 1, vol. 1 and 2 bound by Leighton & Eeles; vol. 3 bound by A. Tarrant. In copy 2 the plates are mounted and hand-colored; title page (vol. 1) lacks lettering; lacks dedication and list of plates.
- Subject Terms:
- Belgium -- Pictorial works.Day & Haghe -- Printer.Day & Son -- Printer.Germany -- Pictorial works.Graves (Henry) & Co. -- Publisher.Hodgson & Graves -- Publisher.Leighton & Eeles -- Bookbinder.McLean, Thomas -- Publisher.Tarrant, A. -- Bookbinder.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1840-1850.
Lithographs -- 1840-50.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.