Sketches of the works for the tunnel under the Thames, from Rotherhithe to Wapping.
- [London] Harvey and Darton, and C. Tilt, 1828.
- Physical Description:
-  p., 11 leaves. plates (part fold.) fold. plans, fold. map. 9 x 13 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTA820 L3 S5View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates by Silvester & Co., Robert Cruikshank, and T. Blood; one after M. Dixie.
Text printed by the Philanthropic Society.
Some plates lithographed by Engelmann & Co.
One plate has an overslip.
- Subject Terms:
- Engelmann & Co. -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1828.Harvey and Darton -- Publisher.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1828.Philanthropic Society -- Printer.Thames Tunnel (London, England)Tilt, C. -- Publisher.Tunnels -- England -- London.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1828.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.