Poems by Alfred, Lord Tennyson; illustrated by Edward Lear.
- London, Boussod, Valadon & Co.; 1889.
New York, Scribner & Welford, 1889.
- Physical Description:
- 4 p. ., iv, 51 p., 1 leaf. front. (port.) ill. (incl. port.) plates. 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5553 L4+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles RyskampView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Only one hundred copies of this work have been printed for sale." Extra copy for presentation.
Printed on one side of leaf only.
Each illustration and plate accompanied by guard sheet with descriptive letterpress.
Frontispiece after the painting by G. F. Watts.
- Subject Terms:
- Boussod, Valadon & Co. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1889.L., E. -- Provenance.Lushington, Cecilia -- Pres insc. from her loving uncle, F. L., 1890.Lushington, Franklin, Sir, 1823-1901 -- Pres. insc. to Celia Lushington, 1890.Ryskamp, Charles -- Pres. insc. to Paul Mellon.
- Introduction: Edward Lear, by Franklin Lushington.--To Edward Lear, on his travels in Greece.--The palace of art.--The daisy.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.