The gardens and menagerie of the Zoological Society delineated : published, with the sanction of the council, under the superintendence of the secretary and vice-secretary of the society ...
- Chiswick : Printed by C. Whittingham; 1830-1831.
London : Thomas Tegg, and N. Hailes, 1830-1831.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQL76.5.G72 L63Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- British Art, Rare: QL76.5 G72 L63: Advertisements: 16 p. at front of v. 1.
BEIN 1996 56: Autograph: E.G. Jarvis, 1834. Laid in: Bibliographical notes by Donald Gallup, 1 l.
"The drawings by William Harvey; engraved by Branston and Wright, assisted by other artists."--half-title, v. 1.
Some plates signed G. B., S. S., T. W., or J. J.
Pref. signed: E. T. Bennett.
Illustrations on v. 1, p.  and v. 2, p. 125 bear the monogram of Edward Lear.
Imprint of v. 2: Chiswick, Printed by Charles Whittingham; London. John Sharpe.
- Subject Terms:
- Craigie, Mary Ann -- Autograph, 1836.Hailes, N. -- Publisher.Jarvis, E. G. -- Autograph.London Zoo (London, England)Sharpe, John -- Publisher.Tegg, Thomas -- Publisher.Whittingham, Charles -- Printer.Zoology.
- Wood engravings -- 1830-1831.
- v.1. Quadrupeds.--[v. 2] Birds.