The history of the castle, town, and forest of Knaresborough; and the Harrogate-visitors' guide, in which the medicinal springs, the most remarkable places, the antiquities, the elegant buildings, the ornamented grounds, and other singular productions of nature and art in the adjacent country, are minutely and accurately described, as they stand at the present time ... By E. Hargrove.
- 7th ed., with corrections and considerable additions.
- Knaresborough, Printed by W. Langdale, 1832.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 318, ii p. front., ill., plates, fold. map. 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.K6 H18 1832Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Map by J. Cary, after Green. Plates by J. Walker, Hewitt, and W. Cave; after F. Nicholson, Dunning, and Metcalfe.
One illustration by Thomas Bewick.
British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is inscribed Francis Peabody, and has the bookplate of the Essex Institute, presented by Mrs. Martha Peabody. Copy 2 is inscribed S. Powell, Craven Lodge, Harrogate; S. Powell, junr.; and Hannah Maria Powell, Clareville, Knaresborough, 1884. Copy 2 is interleaved and contains ms. notes and newspaper clippings.
- Subject Terms:
- Essex Institute. -- Bookplate.Harrogate (England) -- History.Knaresborough (England) -- History.Langdale, W. -- Printer.Peabody, Francis, 1801-1867 -- Provenance.Peabody, Martha Endicott, 1799-1891 -- Provenance.Powell, Hannah Maria -- Autograph, 1884.Powell, Samuel -- Autograph.Powell, Samuel, junior -- Autograph.
- Wood engravings -- 1832.
Engravings -- 1832.
YCBA Collections Search
Hargrove, Ely, 1742-1818, The history of the castle, town, and forest of Knaresborough;, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.