The origin of building: or, The plagiarism of the heathens detected. In five books. By John Wood, architect.
- Bath, Printed by S. and F. Farley, and sold by J. Leake; 1741.
Bristol, M. Lewis; 1741.
London, W. Innys [etc.] 1741.
- Physical Description:
- 5 p. ., -235 p. 36 [i. e. 25] plates (part fold.) 41 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N61View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIR JJp21 2: Library binding.
Each book has special t.-p.
Folding plates each bear 2 plate numbers.
"Errata": 1 l. at end, not noted in pagination.
British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 has the bookplate of William Constable. Copy 2 has the autograph of Thos. Hyett. In copy 2 the folding plates are bound in as double plates, and the leaf of errata is bound in at the end.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- History.Constable, William -- Bookplate.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1741.Farley, F. -- Printer.Farley, S. -- Printer.Hyett, Thomas -- Bookplate.Innys, W. -- Publisher.Leake, J. -- Publisher.Lewis, M. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.